Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Lapbooking


In researching curriculum on the internet, I've run across a lot of information regarding lapbooking. While it looked interesting, it also looked like a lot of work, and I wasn't sure I was up to it. At that time--not too long ago-- was still trying to get the basics of homeschooling down and my mind couldn't handle trying to learn another thing on top of that.




This semester, my younger son (7 years next week) is taking a health and safety class at our co-op. I'm helping in the class, and you can imagine my excitement when I found out that each unit we study has a lapbook to accompany it! I wasn't up to attempting it on my own, but with guidance I could do this. Since January we've completed several lapbooks, and they've turned out to be a great success. I'm grateful to the main teachers of this class for introducing us to lapbooks. 


We'll definitely be using lapbooks at home for other subjects. It's a fun and creative way to get the information down on paper and actually learn it in the process. If you're schooling different ages, lapbooks can easily be tweaked to be used for older students as well. If you haven't tried it, I dare you! It's worth it. And if your creative juices are on short supply these days, just do a quick search online and you will find a plethora of different ideas for lapbooking--some are simpler than others. Have fun with it! 


Click HERE to visit a fun website with lots of free ideas and templates for lapbooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment